Comprehensive Guide For The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality

The Australian hospitality management sector is an ever-growing sector, which provides lots of opportunities for the students who pass out of college. This is a vast sector, where you can get placed in a wide range of areas, like tourism, transportation, retail, entertainment, food and beverage, sports, etc. Well, some students do not like to get placed immediately after completing the Diploma of Hospitality course. Instead, they want to continue with their higher studies. For them, it is best to choose the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality in any Perth college. You can search on the internet for the available options of advanced diploma of hospitality courses in Perth. Here we discuss the course details, requirements and potential career outcomes that you may find helpful.

Course Description

The advanced diploma of hospitality course involves teaching the necessary skills and knowledge required for a student to become a senior manager in any functional field of hospitality management (except cooking). Here you will learn to examine, draft, design, and execute your decisions using several technical, conceptual, managerial, and creative capabilities.

A manager of such stature is highly specialized and deep, which are given utmost priority for group outcomes. You can get work in different hospitality settings, like restaurants, catering operations, hotels, motels, pubs, clubs, coffee shops, eateries, fast food chains, etc.

This course will cover different subjects like business planning, human resources management, budgets and finance, marketing management, and hotel and resort management. Once you complete your advanced diploma, you can enroll in a Bachelor’s Degree program in hospitality in any suitable college.

Read More: Why Choose Certificate 3 Aged Care Adelaide For Your Career Booster?

Intake dates for the course

Generally, the intakes are done four times each year. Intake dates usually fall in four different months – the end of January or the start of February, April, July and October. 

Course fee eligibility

Course fees are different for domestic and international students.

For domestic students

If you’re a domestic student, then first, you should know the eligibility for your payment.

  • The domestic fee is applicable for all Australian citizens, New Zealand passport holders, and Australian permanent residents. You have to pay a fee if you do not receive any government funding. 
  • There are specific visas of subclasses 309, 310, 826, 820 and 851, all temporary visas. Holders of these visas are eligible to pay a fee for this course. The same goes for holders of 457 subclass temporary visas. 
  • Suppose you’re an international student but hold a 457 visa or a working visa or study with a course provider that provides only CRICOS-registered courses. In that case, you will be considered as a domestic student to pay the service student rate. 
  • If you’re an international student studying on a student visa in Australia, you can enrol in this course. But it will be then treated as a secondary course, where the authority will issue a confirmation of enrolment or CoE.

Read More: Requirements and Benefits of Professional Year Program in Australia

 For international students 

 Following are the eligibility criteria for an international student.

  • You must prove that you or your family can bear the expense of our study, accommodation, food, and travel while you will stay in Australia. 
  • As mentioned in your offer letter or CoE, you have first to deposit the tuition fee.
  • There is an additional requirement for an international student, and that is, you must have an overseas health insurance cover or OSHC. That is, however, not applicable if your home country is Norway or Sweden. But in that case, you have to show the proof of your health insurance coverage provided by your home country government. 

Generally, fee structures are higher in the case of international students. The one-off non-refundable registration fees for international students are $250, while a domestic student will be $150.

Course Duration

Usually, one has to study for 104 weeks which is equivalent to 2 years. Of this entire duration, you will have 30 weeks of term breaks and workplace training. If you already have a diploma in hospitality management, you will require only 26 additional weeks or six months, enough to get you your advanced course certificate. 

Course admission requirements

Course admission requirements are also different for domestic and international students. For domestic students, the requirements are as follows:

  • To get a direct entry into the course, you must complete a diploma level or an equivalent course first. 
  • English proficiency is a must. As you have to communicate with many people, you need to be highly fluent in English, which is the working language of Australia. If you cannot provide the proof, you can get it quickly by sitting in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN).

Whereas, Entry requirements for international students are:

  • You should be over 18 years of age and get enrolled in any institute that is registered under CRICOS.
  • Here also, you will have to provide your proof of English proficiency. If you can’t, you can sit in an LLN test before you are offered a place.
  • A test score of any internationally accepted English examination will be required for visa application and college admission. For this course, you must score a minimum of 5.5 band score in IELTS. If you don’t have an IELTS score, you must get a score on an equivalent English test.
  • For the direct entry, here also one must have a diploma level certification in hospitality management.

Read More: The Best Ways to Get College Homework Assistance

Course details

A total of 33 units are covered under this course, of which 16 are core units, and 17 are elective units. Among the core units, ‘Manage diversity in the workplace, ‘Manage finances’, ‘Develop and implement a business plan’, ‘Manage finances within a budget are few to name. While, ‘Work effectively in hospitality service’, ‘Manage conflict’, ‘Operate a bar’ are taught as elective units.

Career outcomes

Career outcomes are usually the same for all the advanced diploma of hospitality courses in Perth. You can get placed in several posts like food and beverage manager, event manager, banquets manager, hotel manager, restaurant manager.

In the end, Studying in Australia can be fascinating and rewarding. After some years of studying with the real fun, you will get many job opportunities in respected fields. If you have any queries, you may contact firms like Education Consultant Perth or Education Agent Perth.

Leave a comment